Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Thank You's

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done."
1 Chronicles 16:8

With one of my favorite holidays coming up in the next couple days, thankfulness is heavy on my heart. I have so much to be thankful for. The longer I have blessing, the more I get used to it, and forget to give thanks. Sometimes I forget to compare where I am to where I could be. I am so so so so unmeasurably blessed. I dont deserve it one bit, but my Father doesnt withold his goodness from me. One thing that Thanksgiving this year is showing me is how little I give thanks. I become so accustomed to blessing that I forget what it is: a blessing, a gift I need to be thankful for! Chronicles 16 says to not only have a thankful heart and express that thankfulness to God, but it says to "let the whole world know what he has done". Saying "thank you" isnt always enough! We are called to make his glory known with our gratitude! The blessings of god produce uncontainable joy, so why do we contain what is meant to overflow? As thanksgiving approaches, I challenge you, as well as myself, to not only live with a thankful heart, but to proclaim why youre thankful. 

1. I'm thankful for the friends I have who know me inside and out, who would lay down their life for me, who understand and love me immensly. You enrich my life. Thank you, Jesus!
2. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be home for the holidays. Nothing better than being surrounded with familiarity. I love being home. I love that I am able to be with my family. I'm praying extra love and comfort on those who have to spend the holidays alone. 
3. I'm thankful for my seasonal job. Seriously. Being in college has run my bank account dry. I am beyond thankful that I am able to work during the time I'm home. So so thankful.
4. I'm thankful my bed. Theres nothing better than coming home and sleeping in your own comfy bed. Thank you Lorrrrrrrrd!
5. I'm thankful for the freedom there is in worship. The freedom to sing, to yell, to dance, to jump, to laugh, to cry, to come straight to the feet of Jesus and just be. Nothing compares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment