Monday, November 14, 2011

Life: Health & Wellness- Your Whole Life

So, remember a couple weeks ago when I mentioned that I wanted to have something different to talk about each day? Well, today is Monday and from now on Monday's are going to be Health & Wellness day. I chose this because...well Monday is the start of the week. Monday is that day that I refer to when I say "oh, I'll eat right starting tomorrow" or "i'll go to the gym tomorrow." Ah! I'm so sick of that "tomorrow" mindset! Today is the day. I feel like if I make Monday's my day to blog about health and my own personal progress, it will give me not only motivation for the rest of my week, but also accountability. I'll be posting alot of personal stuff on Mondays regarding health and weight-loss stuff. I mean, I say personal, but it doesnt really bother me too much. Hopefully it will just be a way for me to have accountability and for ya'll to get motivated with me!

Soooooo, let me start off with introducing you to a book that seriously (& literally) shaped my life! My roommate got it for me as a gift in the beginning of this year. Its called "Your Whole Life" by Carol Showalter. This book focuses on 'being whole' in the person God created you to be. It incorporates three main ideas: eating right, living well, and loving God. It is a twelve week program that just focuses on being healthy & loving god and how the two go together. Each week has a theme (ex. Faith), and each day has a devotional that goes with the theme for that week. Additionally, for each week, there is a "check list" for living well, eating right, and loving god. The book doesnt focus on weight-loss, but as a result of following the book, you do. Trust me.


When I first received this book, it really changed my perception on health and weight loss. It amazed me that eating right and exercising could be another way to honor God. I started the 12-week program in March of this year, and after the three months was up, I had lost 25 lbs. Best feeling ever. After the program, I continued in my healthy habits and ended up loosing another 5. As the summer finished, I maintained and felt great. Fast forward to now, I am living my first semester of college. Heard of the freshman 15? Yep, its true, but luckily I havent gained all 15 back yet. I'd like to stop before it gets there though. SO, I've decided to start the 12 week program over again! I'm really excited and nervous at the same time with the holidays coming up. But, I have a goals set again and will be updating you guys every Monday with my progress!


Goals: 
1. My overall goal is to loose 30lbs by spring break (about 4 months/17 weeks) which will put me right in the middle of the 'normal' weight range for my height of 5'4.
2. To develop healthy habits of eating right and exercising.
3. To do so ALL NATURALLY. I will not be using any diet pills or 'dieting' any other unnatural or unhealthy way. It will be based only off healthy living, self control, exercise, and obedience to God by taking care of my body because it is the home of the holy spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
4. To honor God with everything I am, including my weight, so that I may be used in EVERY area of my life, including health. So that he would be known as a faithful God because of my obedience to him in this. And lastly, I'm doing this for my husband. Yup!





Week 1: The theme for this week is Faith and the verse to memorize is: 
"Be still & know that I am God" -Psalm 46:10

Weekly Goals: 
-Drink only water, with the exception of coffee & green tea
-go to the gym at least 5/7 days of the week
-loose 2lbs this week






So, YEA. Theres a little fun introduction to what I'll be doing on my blog on Mondays! Let me know if you need any more information on the book, "Your Whole Life" by Carol Showalter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment