Monday, November 28, 2011

Life: Your Whole Life week 2

So, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say thanksgiving week was not my most healthy week. I was expecting it. Being home means lots of celebratory meals, obviously our calorie-packed thanksgiving meal, & my birthday dinner. I've come to the conclusion that I should just void last week. Yeah, I think thats best. SO, on that note, this week will be week two in "Your Whole Life". If you missed my explanation of the book & what it entails, you can read about it here. UPDATE FROM WEEK 1: I ate well, but there were a few slip ups during the day (ex, a cookie after lunch). Which, I dont think is really that awful. I'm eating healthy, not depriving myself. I dont think the way to loose weight is to cut off all the food you enjoy, rather eating those things in moderation and excercising self control. Instead of having, say, a small cookie every day after your meal, limit it to half a cookie twice a week. Or, a small reward like a hersheys kiss at the end of the day to satisfy your sweet tooth! I worked out 4/7 days. This was my biggest let down in myself. I didnt reach the 5 day goal. Oh well, this week we will! Overall I feel like my first week was a success. I lost a pound, only to gain it back this past week that I was home. My heads up though, & I'm going to be alot more driven.

Week 2: 
The theme for this week is Discipline and the verse to memorize is: 

"Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yeilds the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."-Hebrews 11:12

This Weeks Goals:
1. Drink water every day
2. Eat breakfast every morning
3. Plan meals a day in advance
4. Get to the gym at least 5/7 days
5. Get at LEAST 30 min of cardio in each work out.
6. Loose 1 lb

Pray for my success and submission to God as he teaches me the importance of self control. Hopefully I'll do well enough to have a cupcake on my birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment