Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ON MY PLAYLIST//04

ROEMER COLLECTIVE//
"Roemer collective is a project by Ben & Jasmin Seidl, along with some friends, based out of Berlin, Germany. In the Winter of 2011, Ben starting writing a handful of songs in light of and response to a death in his family in December 2010. Using only a ribbon mic and garageband they recorded these songs live in their kitchen. Shortly after the recording the band starting to come together around these songs."

So, I love this band. They are actually involved in Reset Church, the church I will be working with when in Berlin! So I'm hoping I'll get to meet all these talented people, learn from them, and hopefully do some music! They have such a pure, refreshing sound. Their sound definitely reminds me of Damien Rice. I love it. Check out this backyard acoustic of their song "David". You can also read more about them at their website (here) or download their EP off noisetraide (here).


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're a freakin' doll. I LOVE your blog, found you from Elsie's. Also, we are sisters in Christ, you and I, and what could be better?! SO excited to be a new follower, Blake. xoxo

    ReplyDelete