Friday, December 2, 2011

Love: An Unchanging God

Hey fellow cyber friends. Its me. Blake. I dont know why but today I'm just incredibly happy and stress free. Even though, I have many things I probably should be stressing about...Oh well. :)

So as I'm reflecting on this past week, I'm just so incredibly humbled and thankful. God has shown himself to me in so many ways. I came here for the sole purpose of establishing his glory on this campus. For a while, I really felt like my efforts were going unnoticed. I didnt feel like I was being used as much as I could be. But regardless of how much I felt like I was doing, God was still God. He showed up every night when I prayed or worshipped. His presence was as strong as its ever been. He was still teaching me. He was still being faithful. Hes been showing me that no matter how I feel, He is still constant. Through it all.

That truth is something that brings me so much peace. No matter where I am or who is in my life, no matter if I have confusion or dont understand, no matter if I'm obedient or not, no matter if I'm happy or sad, He stays the same. Hes completely unchanging. His promises never change. His power never fades. His strength never fails. His goodness never leaves. He is who he is. Always.

"Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens with your hands. They will perish, but you remain forever; they will wear out like old clothing. You will change them like a garment and discard them. But you are always the same; you will live forever. The children of your people will live in security. Their children's children will thrive in your presence."
Psalm 102: 25-28

His power doesnt depend on your strength. His goodness doesnt depend on your obedience. His grace doesnt depend on your holiness. His redemption doesnt depend on your past. His forgiveness doesnt depend on your ability to forgive yourself. His future for you doesnt depend on the mistakes of your yesterdays. His love doesnt depend on the way you feel about him. He is God. He is Almighty. He loves you, and theres nothing you can do to change that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment